Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting Closer

Jackee is getting Closer and Closer to delivering our baby. The pregnancy has flown by for me, but I am sure Jackee would disagree.

Over the last few weeks I have been absolutely amazed at how blessed Jackee and I am.

Of course there are things that would be nice to have, but nothing that we need.

We have friends that struggle with infertility, while we are about ready to have a baby.

There are many people in this world that are starving to death, while I need to work out so I don't get fat.

More than 10% of the people (which is understated) in this country are unemployed, while Jackee and I both have great jobs working for good companies.

Many people are dealing with cancer or other medical issues, while Jackee and I are both healthy.

Many people are lonely, while I am married to my best friend, have a great small group and a loving family, all of whom would do seemingly anything for me.

Many people are wondering how to pay the mortgage, while I am sitting on a comfy chair with my two dogs, typing a blog.

This list could go on and on and on.

The thought of being a father has made me look at the world differently, I can't imagine what it will be like when I actually get to meet our son.

When I look back and think about the things I have been through, all the tough times, I realize how much God has provided. How graceful and forgiving he is. I do not deserve any of these wonderful things or feelings of contentment I feel, but I have them anyway. All the struggles are making this moment all the better. God used those moments, and now I feel like I have reached the pinnacle of life, but everyday it just keeps getting better.

To all of you who are struggling, hang in there, God will provide, I promise that there are people in the world that have it worse. Spend a few moments imagining how things could get worse, and then be thankful you are where you are. Then spend a few moments praying that God will take control of your troubles.

To all of you who feel like me, cherish the moment, be aware of your blessings, and try to share the joy. You are where you are for a reason, love it and share what God has provided with others.

-Shane


No comments: