Friday, July 23, 2010

An update to Facebook bio.

I was updating my bio on Facebook, so Ithought I would also post my update here.

How does one define themselves? What is my identity?

1. I am a Christian who wants to understand God's word and his direction for my life better.

2. I am a husband to the woman that is the best thing that ever happened to me. Her grace, love, and kindness fulfills my heart.

3. I am a father to an amazing son who is already overcoming many obstacles with a constant smile and continual happiness.

4. I am a son to a compassionate mother who has tried to raise me to love others, and done everything in her power to make me happy I am a son-in-law to two great people who try to provide for all their family's needs. I am the son of a father who I didn't meet till I was an adult and who confuses my existence too often.

5. I am a brother to two brothers that have shaped me more than they know.

6. I am an employee that takes great pride in doing a good job, learning, and helping others.

7. I am a friend and family member to many great people.

A little bit more about me:
I get lost a lot in life. I don't have a good feel for when to be aggressive and when to be passive. I hate it when people assume that people get what they deserve, and i hate it more when successful people think that unsuccessful people are inferior. I love dogs. I want to be a leader in my church. Too often i think too highly of myself. I yell at the TV when the Lakers are on. I enjoy learning.

Last: when I am long gone from this earth I want people and God to remember me as a man who always tried to do the right thing. I define the right thing as what Jesus would have done. The best I can tell that means:
loving other people always, focussing on things that are eternal, living with pure thoughts that lead to pure actions, spending time in prayer, teaching others what God's design for man is, and standing up for the less fortunate, even if that means being disliked by those with more power and any resulting consequences.

No comments: